Role: QA Automation Engineer
Job Type: Contract (Outside Ir35)
Length: 3 Months
Start date: ASAP
The Engineer will be part of a team of dedicated in-house QA engineers that test a complex suite of integrated applications that both deliver and integrate many of the core business functions. The Engineer will work closely with the developers and QA team to formulate an automation strategy. They will then execute on the strategy to implement an automation framework that delivers a robust and maintainable framework.
The Engineer will report to the QA Manager. They will have the authority to make technical decisions, be listened to, and become a trusted voice across our engineering team. This role has no line management responsibility. This role requires a self-motivated and approachable individual combining a high degree of test automation skills with a can-do attitude, flexible approach, and strong customer service focus.
Key aspects of the role include:
-Experience in testing backend integrated systems built using AWS services.
-Proven experience in api level testing and building automation tests from scratch.
-Contribute towards maintaining and enhancing the existing automation framework and automated tests.
-An appreciation of Agile and Waterfall software development environments.
-Keeping informed about development in testing and identify opportunities to adopt new tools and process's in order to bake quality in to the system from the outset.
-Appreciation and experience of working in a DevOps culture where getting feedback early on quality is important.
-Pro-active working style, which will involve talking to various stakeholders of the system to get a better understanding of business critical functions.
Job Description -
1. Develop and maintain a good working knowledge of the systems.
2. Contribute to the creation of automation test suite and manual test regression suite.
3. Create a robust, reusable and easy to maintain api level automation framework using tools such as Postman, Karate, specflow.
4. Plan and execute automated tests in accordance with the agreed plan / standards
5. Maintain and enhance the automated tests.
6. To liaise with DevOps and Release Manager to integrate the automated tests into the
pipeline using Jenkins.
7. Understand Gitflow and the pipeline in order to recommend best practice to Release
Managers and DevOps.
8. Develop and maintain expertise in best practice automation testing methodologies and
9. Build and maintain strong working relationships with project stakeholders, including key
10. Work positively and communicate professionally across the team in order to make an
effective contribution to team tasks and team spirit.
11. Regularly share knowledge to coach others in the QA team to pick up automation skills.
The above outlines the key accountabilities of the role and the company reserves the right to vary these to suit the requirements of the business.
Knowledge of automating Web UI, backend services.
Practical experience of automating RESTful API's
An interest in "Shift Left" testing.
Good knowledge & experience of Java.
Knowledge of Behavioural Driven Development tools such as Spinach, Cucumber or similar.
Ability to troubleshoot complex applications across multiple technologies.
Experience in selecting the right automation testing tool..
A good working knowledge of SQL and UNIX shell scripting.
An understanding of DevOps and CI/CD. Tools such as as Jenkins, TeamCity, Docker or
Understanding of non- functional testing covering, for example - performance
Familiar with Source control tools (ideally GIT) with CI.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.