An Innovation lab and a 100% owned subsidiary of one of Germany's leading car manufacturers. The company's focus is on creating state of the art telematics systems using flexible software frameworks to enhance the automobile's navigation, entertainment and cloud systems.
- Work in a cross functional Java team in an agile environment on projects including:
- Concepting, designing and developing new features for the cars infotainment systems which are used by millions of people around the world for example a programme that will allow users to listen to local radio stations when not in the vicinity of that station
- Creating a platform that allows for individual user profiles which completely adjust the cars interior depending on the person using the car (lighting / seat placement / entertainment settings etc)
- Build from scratch a new tool and ECommerce Platform that will allow users to shop from within their car
- Innovate and bring ideas to continually improve the user customer experience for their state of the art cars
- Develop high quality code under clean code principles
- Work closely with product development teams to concept new features, systems and products
- Experiment with new technologies with the ability to decide those which will be used and implemented in projects
- Work with a modern tech stack including but not limited to: Java 11, SpringBoot, Kubernetes, Microservices, Azure Cloud...
- At least 2 years experience as a Java software engineer (the company has 5 vacancies and looking for differing levels of experience)
- Experience building distributed software systems
- Previous experience in automotive industry is not required but candidates should be interested in the field
- Advocator of Agile methodologies and experience working in a scrum environment
- Good communication skills, Fluent German speaker, English is a plus
What this position offers?
- Be part of a high skilled international team with 200 employees in Berlin
- Flexible working hours & remote possibilities
- 30 days holiday
- Reduced transportation benefits
- Comfortable work atmosphere modern office in central Berlin
Does this position sound interesting to you?
If so please send a copy of your latest CV, your earliest start date, salary expectations and a date and time that would be good to call you to discuss this position in more detail to Sam Lilley.
Please also feel free to forward onto colleagues and friends.
I'm looking forward to receiving your application