Head of Data - Remote
Austin Fraser are seeking an energetic, proactive, and organised individual to join a growing data team and lead them to build and deliver the best possible data warehousing and reporting solutions. This is a time of significant growth for our client; they are investing heavily in our data capabilities including the development of a greenfield Cloud-based warehouse using the latest technologies.
Managing an existing team of data engineers and data scientists, you will be hands-on in supporting the team to allow the business to gain insights and surface data to help shape the direction of the company and support the reporting needs for our client's customers. You will be tasked with building a greenfield cloud data warehouse solution to complement and replace their existing SQL technology stack.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the team in supporting the business, taking responsibility for the smooth operation of the team and availability and accuracy of the systems.
- Support and manage the existing Microsoft SQL data warehouse alongside our existing data engineers.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and testing of the new Cloud based data warehouse.
- Work to define the technical strategy for the team and then execute it.
- Identify, categorise and integrate new data sources into the data warehouse schema as required by the business needs.
- Assist the relevant business departments with data-related issues/queries.
- Experience of Cloud data warehousing technologies including data pipelining and ETL
- Background as a Software / Data / DevOps Engineer, or other relevant field of expertise
- Strong experience working with relational and columnar databases
- Strong capability with at least one major programming language (TSQL, Python, Java)
- Ability to adapt and learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of all levels of technical experience
- Graduate or Masters in IT or relevant technical background
- Experience managing/mentoring teams working with data
- Experience working with and configuring business intelligence/data aggregation software tools (Quicksight, Tableau, TARGIT etc)
- Experience working with AWS and use of their APIs and CLIs
- Experience with Matillion ETL and/or Snowflake
- Experience of SQL, SSIS, SSRS and/or OLAP cubes
- Experience of Terraform and/or automated environment generation
- Experience with Automated report generation solutions
To be considered for this opportunity, please 'Apply Now', or contact Sam Chaher at Austin Fraser.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.