Engineering Manager, DevOps/SRE | Remote (US)
A thriving SaaS company in an industry that has yet to be digitized is rapidly growing and searching for an Engineering Manager, DevOps/SRE to join their team! This person will be over a team of skilled SREs that are focused on building an internal platform using kubernetes. This is a great opportunity for some with 3-5 years of experience leading teams and driving technical strategy. If you're looking for the next step in your career, please read on and apply if applicable.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and passionate about building innovative and complex software and can thrive in a start-up culture. To be successful in this role means to be adaptable - the department is growing and this is an opportunity to get in at the ground floor and make a lasting impact. As a team, they thrive on designing effective and scalable solutions to some of the most difficult problems while delivering revolutionary software products for customers throughout the world.
About the Engineering Manager, DevOps/SRE position:
As an Engineering Manager over the DevOps/SRE team, you will have a solid understanding of development and how DevOps fits into the life cycle and can provide expertise to the team. This role is requiring a strong understanding of AWS, Cloud automation tooling, and Kubernetes. As their DevOps Manager, you'll be driving technical strategy and taking the platform to the next level with K8s.
What's in it for you?
- Basic Salary ($170k - $200k+)
- Generous Bonus
- Medical & Dental
- 401k package
- Fully remote !
- Own your work and try new ideas (open + collaborative environment)
Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years experience as a software engineer or DevOps/SRE
- Minimum of 3 years management experience of varying team sizes and timezones
- Track record of leading and contributing to an open-source infrastructure/application platform initiative with Kubernetes
- Orchestration tools
- In production experience with Kubernetes
- Experience managing and scaling kubernetes clusters
- Familiar with a microservice environment
- Experience with automation using Terraform
- High proficiency with programing languages such as Python, Ruby, and/or Go
- Proficiency with CI/CD using CircleCI and configuration management using Git, GitHub and GitFlow