London / Remote
£50,000 - £60,000 depending on experience
Are you looking to work for an innovative and fast-moving start-up as a Backend JavasScript Developer - Node?
- You will play a critical role in assisting in the migration of their existing LAMP stack into a microservices framework.
- Productising their existing platform in addition to designing and developing additional features.
- Identifying and implementing improvement areas in regards to performance, scalability and reliability.
- Take over the development of the platform by focusing on enhancements and performance optimisation as well as helping to finalise their MVP.
- Work autonomously to deliver project results and agile project management
- At least 3 years of experience in a commercial role involving Node
- At least 3 years of commercial backend experience in building APIs
- Experience in AWS Lambda
- A background in computer science is desirable
- Proven delivery methods and organisational skills in order to be able to work towards demanding deadlines
- Experience working in an autonomous and entrepreneurial fashion will allow you to have a self-starter mentality but also a hands on approach to the delivery of projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Solution-oriented approach with the ability to problem-solve
- Experience using MongoDB
- Experience using MySQL
- Experience of writing automated tests
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.