Test Automation Engineer | Test Engineer | QA | Austin, Texas or Remote
An established and high tech organization is seeking a Test Automation Engineer to join their team! They are a global leader in transportation analytics, providing end to end solutions across the nation.
About the role:
In this position, you would be working with Lasers, sensors, and high-definition cameras, among other cutting edge technologies in civil engineering software. They offer a casual work environment, brand new office (or remote!), career growth, full-benefits, and the opportunity to work on a product that improves the daily lives of people around the world.
This is a direct-hire role based in Austin, Texas. They are open to remote candidates with the right experience.
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the United States are encouraged to apply, as we cannot support sponsorship at this time.
The ideal candidate will have full-stack QA experience (UI and API) and have a solid track record of performing functional tests. You must be comfortable and able to write your test plans and collaborate with a team of developers. You'll be working with Groovy and a Java ecosystem and experience with that is desired but not required. You should be very comfortable writing automated functional, regression, and performance tests.
- Collaborate with teams to solve complex problems
- Develop test plans and strategies for font and backend systems
- Identify and automate appropriate tests to increase software quality and development productivity
- Ensure tight integration of test automation with CI/CD efforts
- Pivot when necessary to projects/products that need coverage
- Guide development team in testing best practices and promote test automation
- Participate in unit testing, documentation, design reviews, and code reviews
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience
- Fullstack QA experience
- Professional experience automating functional, regression, and performance testing suites
- Understanding of OOP, design patterns, and client-server architecture
- Ability to implement integration testing with a CI/CD pipeline
- Degree in Computer Science or related field (equivalent experience okay)
- Familiar with Unix/Linux and bash
- Experience with Agile methods (Scrum or Kanban) preferred
Nice to have:
- Docker and Ansible
- SQL experience
- REST API