QA Lead, £50-60k, Aldershot
/ What is the opportunity?
Are you looking for the next step up in your career but don't want to lose the technical and hands on aspect of your role? This is the perfect opportunity for any individual who wants to take on more strategic and leadership responsibilities whilst still being an individual contributor.
This organisation have gone from strength to strength over the last year and they are looking for a QA Lead to manage a team working on one of their flagship SaaS aviation products. You would be joining a highly agile and collaborative team contributing with hands on technical skills as well as focusing on the continuous delivery and process improvement for the QA and wider development team. They have a great appreciation for work life balance, something that was important to them long before any lockdowns, and offer a very flexible working from home policy.
The opportunity would offer exposure to working on cutting edge tools and technologies straight away but also provide the platform and environment for new ideas, innovations and suggestions. All their offerings are cloud based as well as having mobile applications across iOS and Android. They look to utilise cloud tools, and ML & AI wherever possible to ensure more predictive and efficient processing capabilities ensuring a reduction in manual processes.
/ What will you be doing day-to-day?
- Design, develop and own the QA automation architecture
- Planning work and tasks for the QA team
- Be the focal point of contact for the QA team
- Stakeholder management - explaining how & why actions are being taken
- Work with Architects and Engineers to design and develop of solutions
- Ensuring software quality achieves acceptable standards
- Achievement of CI/CD techniques which makes it possible to promote software release to production.
/ Who are we looking for?
Their platforms are in .NET Core and Azure with their front end applications utilising Angular. Due to the technical nature of this role, it is essential the successful person have experience and expore to:
- Deep theoretical and hands on understanding of software testing and concepts as well as various different testing levels, methods and types.
- Experience as a Test Engineer with experience leading or helping lead teams.
- C# (where you could maintain and develop the integration test suite further)
- Basic SQL
- Web services and RESTful APIs.
/ What would make you even more perfect?
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (Azure)
- Experience with automated UI testing frameworks (Cypress.IO)
- Knowledge of microservices
/ What should you do?
Apply! If you're still reading, you must be interested.... If you think this is an opportunity you could see yourself doing then please reach out for an informal and confidential chat. Similarly, if you think someone you know would love this opportunity then let them know!
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.