Technical Consultant (Grad Role)
Austin Fraser are recruiting for a Technical Consultant to work as part of an exciting small team at an Oxfordshire based software house specialising in regulatory software and consultancy. The successful candidates will have an active involvement with real customers and projects from day one.
These positions will suit recent graduates or those with one to two years experience looking for an exciting new opportunity working in a challenging technical environment. This role is a technical, project-based position that would allow you to gain experience in multiple disciplines within tech while also interacting and supporting customers.
As part of our client's customer facing project teams you will be involved in activities, including:
* Working with customers to understand their requirements and propose solutions.
* Developing reporting solutions using data modelling techniques.
* Assessing the impact of changes requested by customers.
* Installing and configuring our client's bespoke in-house software products.
* Developing extensions to our client' products.
* Implementing automation to improve and speed up manual processes.
* Training end users / customers to get the most from our client's solutions.
* The desire and ability to learn quickly and apply complex new concepts.
* Strong attention to detail and desire to deliver high quality work.
* A passion for customer satisfaction.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Financial industry knowledge.
* Development skills (Java, Python, Linux)
* Experience of OO principles.
* Exposure to XML and/or XBRL.
* Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Argo and techniques for debugging clusters.
To be considered for this opportunity, please 'Apply Now', or contact Sam Chaher at Austin Fraser for an informal chat.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.