Support Engineer - Reading - £45k + bonus
I am working with a client who work on cutting edge technology that supports hospitals by delivering software that streamlines processes and ensures life changing treatments are delivered on time. They are constantly adding new features and updates to their offering but this is opportunity is even better...
The Support Engineer will be required to participate in a collaborative and efficient support incident resolution team. Prioritising customer satisfaction and delivering detailed and helpful advice. Reproduction of issues internally and liaising with our Engineering team with any software defects. Ability to work with exciting cloud technologies and a desire to work in the healthcare industry.
- Responding to customer support enquiries, resolving them or passing them to an appropriate owner and tracking them through to completion.
- Ensuring that the response and resolution SLAs committed to customers is met.
- Work collaboratively with the support team and other departments to provide excellent service to customers.
- Create professional and detailed RCAs.
- Contributing to the development of user guides, technical designs, implementation and support procedures and other technical documentation.
- Potential to support hosted customers using cloud based technologies e.g Docker, Kafka, Openstack, Zookeeper and Kubernetes.
- Re-create customer issues on internal and customer environments
- Create detailed JIRA tickets with steps to reproduce for any proven software defects
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new skillsets.
Key Skills and Experience
- Excellent customer service
- Concepts of incident management
- Linux Command Line
- T-SQL Languages (MYSQL Preferred)
- Bespoke Application Support Experience
- Desire to work with Healthcare Technologies
- Ability to output high quality documentation
This role would be suited to anyone who has worked in second or third line support, support engineering, or any technical support role who wants to get involved with more cloud technologies and work for a company who are involved in tech for good. Even if you don't have ALL the skills required please get in touch as there is flexibility around this!
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.