A thriving insurance organization is looking for a Sr. DevOps with knowledge of SRE concepts around application hardening, automated scaling, fault-tolerance, and A/B testing. Over the past few years, they have been going through a digital transformation so you will be working with some of the lastest modern technologies. They have moved from a centralize SRE organization to an embedded approach. You will be owning one of the most critical systems within the organization.
In this position you will be joining the Site Reliability Engineering team and directly influence how the company operates services in the cloud. Your expertise in cloud environments, containerization, automation, and infrastructure as code will be essential for the team success. You and your colleagues will find new ways to automate the delivery while building in reliability from the ground up. We aim to foster a culture of trust and empowerment and build a resilient organization that is effective at navigating the unknown.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about improving the processes, team collaboration, and have a problem-solving/efficiency mindset. The organization is prideful of their work-life balance approach and provides some of the best benefits in Austin, Texas including a 11% 401K match.
Day to day:
- You will develop processes that increase efficiency, reduce downtime and maintain performance at scale across platforms
- You will automate the build and deployment of custom application code throughout the entire application lifecycle
- You will build monitoring solutions that improve visibility into our application performance and keep operational workload in check
- You will create infrastructure that is easily deployable and scalable and educate others on infrastructure as code patterns
- You will develop container orchestration to support the deployment and lifecycle management of applications running in AWS
- You will work with operations and development teams to troubleshoot production code
- You will ensure the quality of applications by implementing multiple levels of testing throughout the CI/CD pipelines: unit tests, integration tests, performance tests, load tests, penetration tests, and system tests
- You will understand our cloud architecture and evaluate custom applications for cloud readiness
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent education, training, or experience.
- At least 2 years of experience is required for DevOps Engineer; at least 4 years of experience is required for Senior DevOps Engineer or equivalent education, training, or experience.
Ideal Candidate has:
- Experience with AWS Services ECS, EC2, and API Gateway
- Experience in DevOps tools such as Azure DevOps, Terraform, Ansible, and Docker
- Experience building and integrating with APIs
- Experience in one or more scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, Bash
- Experience with Java and Spring boot applications
- Experience with AngularJS, NodeJS, or ReactJS applications
- Experience implementing one or more deployment methods such as blue/green deployment, immutable deployment, rolling deployment, and canary deployment
- Experience working in a Linux environment