A client of Austin Fraser is seeking a Software Engineer in Test to join their growing team and contribute to building out their automation framework for their products. As an SDET, you will have a high degree of responsibility and should be comfortable taking control of the test environment. You will be a self-starter, working closely alongside Developers, Designers, and Product Managers to ensure quality development of their platform.
This is a full time position and they are needing heavy experience with API, backend, and service testing. Please, only qualified applicants apply who meet the minimum requirements and are able to work as a W2 employee with no sponsorship.
This is a full-time role based in Austin, Texas and applicants must be local and open to working in office when permitted.
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
- Investigate software problems detected with test automation
- Contribute to building out the automation framework
- Perform a variety of tests, such as regression, integration, platform, and performance testing to confirm the stability of software systems.
- Coordinate with Developers and Architects to provide feedback on code/release quality
- Identify automatable tests from regression suite and build automation backlog
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- 4+ years experience in a Software Testing / SDET position
- Proficient with Java (or willing to learn if strong in another programming language)
- Experience with Kafka and message driven architecture is preferred
- Experience writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience creating automation strategy, tooling, and resourcing across multiple teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.