We have an exciting opportunity in the Electrical Controls team for a Shift Technician to work for one of our key clients who have been consistently busy throughout the COVID 19 period.
The Shift Technician is responsible for the efficient, safe and reliable operating condition of complex process and high-speed food processing equipment. The Shift Technician mainly focused on providing equipment troubleshooting and breakdown maintenance. As troubleshooting requirements are accomplished, the Shift Technician will change focus toward preventive maintenance activities as assigned by the days based Maintenance Technicians through planned work orders. They must systematically repair, adjust and maintain processing, filling, conveying, and packaging machinery as assigned using established maintenance reliability practices, consistent observation, repair, and follow-up of operational effectiveness. Other duties include participating in continuous improvement teams, working on new project activities and continuous training.
* Maintain, troubleshoot, test, modify, and program automated, electromechanical equipment to include:
* Apply engineering principals with mechanical and electrical knowledge to eliminate production problems and improve efficiency and reliability
* Participation in continuous improvement activities (Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen)
* Perform Root Cause Failure Analysis on major unplanned breakdowns and recurring problems
* Design, implementation and completion of reliability and cost reduction projects on equipment
* Provide design input and maintenance support to engineering on major project concept, implementation, commission, validation and start-up
* Be the system expert and a resource for knowledge in operation, controls, set-up, complex maintenance procedures.
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge:
* Precision instrumentation, repair and calibration (flow meters, pressure transducers, capacitance, inductance and ultra-sonic sensors, vision systems, temperature controls, microwave position sensors, digital/analog devices).
* Programmable Logic Controller, troubleshooting, repair and adjustment (Allen Bradley/Schneider).
* Robotics operation, repair, and programming (ABB/Kuka)
* Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
* Electrical/Electronics-install and repair (some explosion-proof environments)
* Single and 3-phase powered equipment (troubleshoot, test, and repair)
* AC and DC control systems (troubleshoot, test, and repair)
* Fibre optic devices and cabling (repair, replace, set-up)
* Operate electronic test equipment (multi-meter, meg-ohm meter, amp probe, Hart Communicator, oscilloscope, power analyzer)
* Experience in networking, VMWare and systems architechture.
If this sounds like something you could be interested in please apply below or make contact with Jack Goss and he will come back to you shortly.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.