Senior UI Engineer
£75,000 - £85,000 with a bonus
Are you a Senior UI Engineer or Senior Frontend Engineer with a passion for delivering high quality code and excellent user experience and are looking for your next challenge at the UKs largest money-saving business that offers amazing benefits, career progression and development opportunities?
The UKs largest money-saving business are now looking for their next Senior UI Engineer to join their high-performing engineering team. They partner with well-known high street retail brands and pass on discount codes for that service to the consumer. As a fully remote Senior UI Engineer you will be working on enhancements and performance optimisation of the current platform, whilst the other part of your role will be focusing on project work such as migrating the current environment away from a monolithic to a microservices structure in addition to migrating their website to the new frontend stack. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment that offers excellent benefits, learning and development opportunities as well as multiple career trajectories, you will be immersed in an environment that will allow you to be well-placed to develop and progress your career.
- You will be responsible for building new components of the current platform by focusing on improvements that can be made on the functionality and features of the existing website.
- You will also work on the enhancement and performance optimisation of the current platform to improve the overall customer experience.
- In addition to migrating the monolithic environment to a microservices structure, you will also assist with the migration of their website to their new frontend stack.
- You have vast commercial experience with Node.js
- You will ideally have experience with Typescript, GraphQL and Nuxt.js
- You come from a product-focused background in an environment that focuses on implementing best engineering practices, for examples one with CICD pipelines in place, that do unit testing, code reviews and care about overall code quality
- Previous unit testing experience and experience of continuous integration
- An excellent understanding of performance tools and page speed metrics
- A collaborative and entrepreneurial mentality will allow you to take ownership of technical projects and ensure they are completed to a high standard
- Passion for delivering high quality code
- Excellent attention to detail
- Accountability and the desire to take ownership of your code
- Passion for delivering excellent user experience
- Familiarity with working in an Agile scrum environment
If this sounds like your next opportunity, click APPLY NOW!
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.