Senior Technical Consultant (Professional Services)
Austin Fraser are recruiting for a Senior Technical Consultant to work as part of an exciting small team at an Oxfordshire based software house specialising in regulatory software and consultancy. The successful candidate will have an active involvement with customers and projects from day one.
This position will suit experienced professionals looking for an exciting new opportunity working in a challenging technical environment. This role is a technical, project-based consultancy position with ample opportunity for career progression.
As part of our client's customer facing project teams you will be involved in:
- Leading bespoke consulting engagements.
- Working with customers to understand their requirements.
- Developing reporting solutions using rigorous data modelling techniques.
- Assessing the impact of changes requested by customers.
- Installing and configuring our client's bespoke software & cloud products.
- Developing extensions to existing products.
- Developing automation to improve and speed up semi-manual processes.
- Training end users and customers to get the most from their chosen solution.
- Excellent customer engagement skills with a proven ability to steer clients towards the optimal solution.
A strong awareness of different client environments including regulated institutions and public
- sector bodies.
Excellent ability to understand, distil and communicate client's business and technical requirements, andbe able to confidently defend solutions with reference to agreed requirements.
A diligent attitude to the agreed work with the ability to step back and consider the broader context withthe habit of spotting potential issues early.
- Skill in diagnosing complex solutions under pressure.
- The desire and ability to learn quickly and apply complex new technologies.
- Willingness to guide and mentor junior consultants.
- An attention to detail and desire to deliver high quality work.
- Financial industry knowledge.
- Experience of OO principles.
- Programming knowledge. (Python, Java)
- Exposure to XML and/or XBRL.
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes and Argo.
- Experience with AWS and Azure.
To be considered for this position, please 'Apply now', or contact Sam Chaher at Austin Fraser.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.