Software Engineer / React, Node / In-House Platform
£50k-£70k + Flexi Time / Reading
Want to work for a hugely successful start-up where high quality code is paramount?
Are you looking to join a team that develops innovative, cutting edge software that makes a difference?
What about a business that invests in their people - offering a direct path to a Technical Lead?
Our client is an award-winning agile/digital consultancy who look to improve business performance through digital transformation and automation. They host training, consultancy, machine learning and build some pretty cool stuff as well. They have experienced huge amounts of growth over the last 3-4 years and are looking to add to their already stellar squad!
They an extremely well-run, inclusive and welcoming bunch and put team culture at the top of their priorities. They offer excellent training and development plans to suit your chosen career path. They allow you to pick the tech you want to work and encourage collaborative and supportive work. We have worked alongside this business for a number of years and have only been super impressed with what they offer and how they develop their engineers.
Reporting to the Head of Development and working as part of their development team, you will perform Full Stack development across a range of products. As well as supporting and improving their existing applications, you will also generate new ideas for the team and produce new products. you will be expected to mentor and train some of the more junior developers so they are looking for 3/4 day office presence post covid.
What will you be doing?
* Assist in the design of new products, and interfaces in existing products
* Share ideas with the team - passing on your wisdom
* Software testing
* Get involved with the management of infrastructure (AWS, Docker)
* Ongoing training and accreditation's in the latest tools and techs
* Implement bug fixes to existing products
* Represent the team at international events
What are they looking for?
* A Computer Science based degree, with a 2:1 minimum
* Significant knowledge of algorithms and data structures
* Demonstrable personal development projects - e.g., GitHub and Open Source
* Passion for development, with the desire to collaborate with the team and generate new ideas
* Experience in AWS is beneficial
If you are looking to become a Tech Lead in the next few years then this is the perfect role for you. If you want to become a principle engineer then this is also a fantastic opportunity. This business are all about growth and development!
If this sounds of interest the apply below and I will endeavour to get in touch!
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.