Senior Software Engineer
London / Remote
£75,000 - £95,000 depending on experience
Are you looking to work for a global Fortune 100 financial services company as a Senior Software Developer with the potential to move into a Tech Lead position?
This fortune 100 financial services company with a global presence are now looking for their next Senior Software Developer to join their successful development team. This FCA authorised and regulated financial services network have an impressive track record and focus mainly on the commodities and foreign exchange markets, helping to connect their clients to the global markets ecosystem in order for them to make more informed investment decisions. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work in a high-performing team, building scalable, enterprise-level applications. In return you will benefit from working for a well established business amongst a successful team and will have the opportunity for impressive progression opportunities and an attractive benefits package.
- Work with Agile methodology to work on the development of multiple platforms
- Focusing on enhancements and performance optimisation by writing well-designed and efficient code
- Work on the releases of software components
- Contribute to architectural decision-making by investing alternative technologies in order to ensure continuous improvement
- Mentoring more junior developers to assist with their progression
- Previous experience within the financial services sector will allow you to appreciate the business' mission and work on projects with this in mind
- Commercial experience with UI state management
- Impressive commercial experience building scalable web applications using React or Angular
- Commercial experience with Node.js
- Experience using Java EE platforms to develop applications
- Experience working with a testing framework such as Jest/Mocha
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud platforms
- Experience with development of microservices
- Excellent knowledge of of SQL and No-SQL databases
- Experience with .NET Core / C# is beneficial but not essential
- A background in computer science is desirable
- Proven delivery methods and organisational skills
- Experience working in an autonomous and entrepreneurial fashion will allow you to have a self-starter mentality but also a hands on approach to the delivery of projects
- The aspiration to become a future Tech Lead with a desire to upskill yourself and mentor other Developers
If you're an experienced Developer looking for your next step up in a position that offers amazing exposure and career progression opportunities then click APPLY NOW!
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.