Senior Python Developer - Fintech | Up to £80,000 | London
Are you interested in working in a market looking to hit £350 Billion in the next 5 years? The FinTech market is becoming more attractive everyday, and immersing yourself in this growing market will help push your career forward leaps and bounds.
Working with some of the biggest names in the Financial space (Citi Bank, Barclays and more) this successful Fintech company uses pioneering technologies to help provide data to ultimately empower decision-making in an accessible and flexible way. Their data driven solutions help to not only allow for better decision making but also permit businesses and organisations to mitigate risk, making their services highly sought after. In light of their success, they are now looking for an experienced Senior Python Developer who is keen to work with cutting edge tech and bring their Python knowledge to this team to help drive the business forward. Focused mainly on greenfield projects, as a Senior Python/Django Developer, you will be leading the way in building new sites and web platforms in Django. In return you will benefit from an attractive remuneration package, an enviable company culture and flexible working arrangements.
- You will be responsible for architecting, designing, building and maintaining Python based platforms and services
- You will help to identify production and non-production application issues
- Producing product technical roadmaps
- You will be responsible for developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application software
- Supporting formal testing to resolve any test defects
- Part of your role will involve having a commercial focus by identifying any areas of cost savings they can make as a team
- You will also identify opportunities to fine-tune and optimize applications of projects both existing and new
- You will be responsible for driving change in how the team deliver software
- Commercial experience working in a fast paced, Agile (Scrum or similar) software development environment
- At least 4+ years of strong commercial Python experience
- Commercial experience of Django or Flask
- Experience of Databases and SQL knowledge, PostgreSQL, Oracle, PostGIS,
- Strong commercial Linux/Unix knowledge
- Experience with Jenkins, CI integration is desirable
- Experience in migrating/updating legacy systems
- Previous experience working in a cloud based environment with AWS experience is highly desirable
- Experience with Docker is highly desirable
If this opportunity to work as a Senior Python Developer sounds like the next career step for you then click 'Apply Now!'
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.