Senior Project Manager
My client has been working within the process automation industry for over 25 years, they are looking for a hardworking, resourceful and ambitious person who wants to join their expanding team and develop their career to the next level.
My client is searching for a Senior Project Manager who will be responsible for the delivery of a variety of projects, on time and within budget, developing excellent relationships with customers and producing project progress documents, reporting these documents to the senior management team.
- To manage multiple projects from sales handover to completion.
- To develop project programmes and quality plan.
- To rework programme plans to suit changing requirements.
- To review deliverables prepared by engineering staff prior to passing to client.
- To identify the need for and to implement mitigation measures where needed.
- To minimise exposure and risk on project.
- To develop strong customer relationships.
- To liaise with the customer to solve issues, technical challenges and cost challenges.
- To produce regular reports on project status and report to senior management.
- To work with the wider team in engineering and production to ensure smooth delivery of projects.
- To work under and produce CDM 2015 deliverables both as a subcontractor and principal contractor.
- To account for final out-turn costs.
- To mitigate cost overruns.
- To identify additional work and submit variation requests.
- To schedule and if necessary submit applications for payment and invoices.
- To determine appropriate revenue recognition for accounting purposes.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Organisational skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Well developed interpersonal skills.
- Numeracy skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Communication skills.
- Team-working skills.
- Ability to motivate people.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office including Microsoft Project.
- Working knowledge of forms of contract including NEC3 and IChemE.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please apply below!
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.