As a Senior Platform Engineer you will play a key role in the delivery of highly reliable, scalable, and maintainable video communication Platform. You will drive projects end to end, collaborating on product definitions with product owners, implementing technical solutions with talented teams, and ensuring continued success even after deployment.
What you will be doing:
- Design, development and maintenance of 24x7 High Available, High Volume Call Center platform
- Work closely with Technology Leads, Infrastructure/DevOps Engineers, Platform Engineers to implement SIP/WebRTC protocol based VOIP systems (existing as well go forward).
- Write maintainable, efficient, and well-documented code using engineering best practices
- Adhere to company-wide coding standards for enhancing code readability, supportability, and extensibility.
- Analyze, propose, and develop solutions for technical problems and issues with assistance from peers or supervisors
- Create and maintain high-quality technical documentation for all relevant specifications, systems, and procedures
- Ability to successfully handle multiple value streams across multiple programs, while maintaining composure and professionalism to meet tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
What you need:
- Four-year college degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 8+ years full-time professional experience in software design and development using a diverse set of programming languages, frameworks, and systems such as Ruby, Lua, Elixir (Ruby is, MUST)
- Hands-on experience with distributed system architecture such as Service-Based / Microservices
- Working knowledge of call center internals highly desired
- Work dealing with real-time protocols such as SIP and WebRTC
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux, especially regarding SSH remote access and the use of configuration management and deploy tools such as Ansible and/or shell scripts.