Senior Manager, Data Platform
Reports to: The Senior Manager, Data Platform reports to the Director of Data.
After establishing an office in Austin, this industry leader started to build out a Data Engineering organization. The team has now grown to 40 people and they are looking to bring in experienced talent to take the team to the next level.
As a Senior Manager, you will heavily assist with moving data through the organization's infrastructure. Your support will allow the continued development of innovative analytic tools and data sets that allow customers to make data-driven decisions.
Grow, learn, and lead on this team!
Location: Austin w/ remote flexibility
What You Get:
- $200k - $250k Base Salary
- Competitive Bonus Package and Equity
- Organization heavily investing in their Data Department
- Opportunity to work on interesting projects and stay up to date with the latest technology
In this role you will:
- Lead a group of Data Engineers and Database Engineers to build a data platform to provide all capabilities related to transporting, transforming and processing data-in-motion and deliver and maintain reliable data stores.
- Build tools, library, arch-type, standards and guidelines to build an event streaming processing pipeline. E.g topic management framework, Event Schema management framework, event payload design etc.
- Develop data tools from the ground up using a data stack such as Flink, Spark, SQL and Java to support tools around Postgres, Kafka, and Snowflake etc.
- Influence cross team/matrix organization, provide technical guidance and mentorship to team members
- 5+ years in a leadership position
- 10+ years working with data
For further details please submit a resume.
Austin Fraser Inc is acting as an employment business in relation to this advert. As a professional company, we gladly welcome applications from persons of any age and background and do not intend to discriminate with advert text and terminology.