Senior Data Engineer
Austin Fraser are recruiting for a Senior Data Engineer on behalf of one of the UK's premier digital & consulting agencies. This role is a client-facing position requiring great communication & stakeholder management skills as well as deep technical expertise in data engineering on cloud platforms.
Our client is a serial award-winner with an incredibly supportive and positive culture; they heavily invest in their people and their professional development & training opportunities offered are second to none!
- Build and implement scalable data architecture.
- Delivery of data warehousing solutions and data engineering workstreams.
- ETL: including data extractions, transforming data for data science pipelines, and loading data into data platforms.
- Programming in Python/SQL as part of the data ingestion or transformation process
- Process data from a variety of sources (Large scale batch processing, Change data capture, Streaming real time events).
- Expert Python & SQL programming skills.
- Data modeling and Data Warehouse patterns.
- Experience using cloud platforms for Data Engineering (E.g: AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with Data lakes or Big data storage.
- Knowledge of DataOps concepts.
- Experience in a client-facing / consultancy environment.
- Experience of working within Agile teams.
- Experience of working with Big Data tools such as Spark, Hadoop or Hive
- Experience with Columnar storage, AWS Redshift or Apache Parquet
- Exposure to Kafka, Kinesis or Azure Event Hubs
To be considered for this opportunity, 'apply now', or get in touch with Sam Chaher at Austin Fraser for an informal chat.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.