Senior Data Engineer - London - Paying £70-90K
This is an exciting opportunity working with a FinTech business who are currently operating in stealth mode! Their mission is to redefine how we use our money. Off the back of their huge success over the last 4 years and being backed by some of Europe's leading investors, they are now looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join the team in London. You will play a pivotal role in supporting the building out and maintaining the business' data warehouse.
In return, you will benefit from a strong renumeration package, flexible working, a collaborative environment and your own personal choice of equipment!
You must be based and have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this position. Please click APPLY NOW if you meet the below criteria and would like to be considered for this position!
- Build and implement scalable data architecture.
- Implement data warehouse process models, including sourcing,
loading, transformation, and extraction.
- Delivery of data warehousing solutions and data engineering workstreams.
- ETL: including data extractions, transforming data for data science pipelines, and loading data into data platforms.
- Programming in Python/SQL as part of the data ingestion or transformation process.
- Develop data validation process before transformation.
- Process data from a variety of sources (Large scale batch processing, Change data capture, Streaming real time events).
- At least 6 years experience working as a Data Engineer or a similar field.
- Confident and proven experience in leading the implementation and building of cloud native data warehouses.
- Knowledge of building out ETL/ELT pipelines.
- Expert Python & SQL programming skills.
- Experience with Snowflake, Redshift, Azure or Big Query.
- Strong proven experience with Python or R.
- Experience with SQL and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with at least one cloud platform.
- Experience with Microservices Architecture.
- Excellent communication skills.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.