Senior Data Engineer - GCP
London - Part Remote
£60,000 - £75,000
Are you a Senior Data Engineer with experience working with Google Cloud Platform looking for your next challenge at an up and coming company in the renewable energy sector. This impressive company are looking for their next Senior Date Engineer with experience in GCP and Apache Beam. They operate within the renewable energy market working on exciting products including residential battery storage, electric vehicle charging points and solar panels, this is the role for you! You will experience a fun environment with a good work life balance with the option to work partly remotely.
- Responsible for building the ETL data pipelines
- Developing and supporting the Data warehouse within GCP
- Build real-time data processing pipelines to publish the data in GCP
- Providing technical support to internal teams and to external individuals
- Coding strategic solutions which are reusable and easily maintainable
- Producing clear concise documentation where required
- Working closely with the Lead Data Engineer to apply the data strategy, and create any ETL pipelines.
- Pro-actively implementing solution to understand better how internal and external users performs
- Work closely with internal business teams gathering data requirements; translating them to technical artifacts and mapping them to Google Platform.
- You should have 18 months+ experience in implementing Data & Analytics applications in Google Cloud Platform as well as ideally experience with other cloud platforms.
- Have commercial experience using Google Dataflow for managing the flow of data through ETL pipelines, GCS, cloud functions, BigQuery for data warehousing, DataProc as well as solid Apache Beam (Python) skills.
- Be able to deliver GCP data development projects (including: development/coding, testing and deployment into Production).
- Have knowledge of structure of CI / CD for data pipelines
- Be able to maintain technical documents and procedures
- Should have experience with Agile development methodologies
- An ideal candidate will have data reporting experience in looka.
If you're an experienced Data Engineer looking for your next step up in a position of Senior Data Engineer that offers amazing exposure to working on projects in the renewable energy industry then click APPLY NOW!
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.