OverviewSenior Java/Kotlin Developer | £75,000-£95,000 | Remote
Austin Fraser are currently working with the fastest growing 100% renewable energy supplier in the UK. They are the leading energy supplier for customer service and have averted almost 400,000 tonnes of CO2 in the atmosphere averted.
They are now looking for an experienced Senior Java/Kotlin Developer to join their growing team and support their customer base which has tripled in the last 7 months. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, ongoing support and development budget, 26 days holiday, exposure to all parts of a growing business and pension scheme.
Senior Java/Kotlin Developer Responsibilities:
- Help develop scalable and reliable systems based on microservice architecture (using Kotlin, Kubernetes and Google Cloud)
- Plan, design and develop new features for different systems, extending or creating new microservices
- Actively proposing new ideas about how to solve specific problems or improve the systems we currently have
- Reporting into the Head of Engineering, you will take ownership of the feature to develop, proactively looking for improvements and proposing new implementation approaches
- Professional experience writing microservices ideally in Kotlin (or Java).
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering practices in particular applied to backend, infrastructure and deployment in the cloud.
- Experience with at least 2 of the following languages: Kotlin, Java, Ruby, Python, NodeJs, C++, Go.
- Experience or desire to modernise and streamline legacy systems.
- GIT versioning.
- Automated tests.
- Collaborative, you are able to mentor less experienced developers.
Senior Java/Kotlin Developer | £75,000-£95,000 | Remote
If you are an experienced Senior Java/Kotlin Developer who meets the criteria listed and likes the sounds of the opportunity, please apply now!
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.