Security Operations/Splunk Specialist - 6 Months - Slough
**Outside IR35** 1 day a week on site
Austin Fraser are looking for a Security Operations Specialist with strong Splunk Enterprise and Cloud experience to join a global organisation for an initial 6 month contract that has strong potential to extend.
My client have recently introduced Splunk Enterprise as part of their global infrastructure and need someone who can take ownership of tuning and configuring the product to fit the operational needs of the business and get it functioning how they want across the EMEA region. You'll also take ownership of the day to day functionality and operation of the EMEA Splunk Instance and act as an SME for escalations.
In addition to this, the successful candidate will be working with Senior Management to help create a regional SOC function within the business.
- Day-to-day operation, administration, and management of the EMEA Splunk Cloud SIEM solution
- Leading the incident response (IR) function within the EMEA region following established IR procedures
- Working with the ISE, identify and escalate serious incidents within the region to other regional teams as part of the IR.
- Monitoring the other Splunk operating regions for significant situations, escalating to the ISE as required.
- Operational development of the Splunk platform with the Japan and America cyber security teams.
- Continuous refinement of the established threat detection methods to identify and eliminate normal behaviour.
- Working with the EMEA ISE, to review and improve the platforms capability
- Development of the threat detection functionality to maximise the automation and response capabilities of the system.
**THIS ROLE REQUIRES HYBRID WORKING - 1 DAY A WEEK ON SITE**
If you are interested in the role, please send your CV for consideration
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.