Security Engineer | Hybrid | Washington D.C. | Active Secret Clearance
One of our largest clients is looking to hire a Secret Cleared Security Engineer on-site in Washington DC.
This organization's inclusive community and unique culture have garnered them with numerous awards including this year's recipient of IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2021 Best Places to Work in IT award, which recognizes IT companies with outstanding workplaces and cultures for technology professionals.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Must be TS/SCI Eligible
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or Mathematics
- Minimum of one year of Assessment and Authorization and understanding one or more of the following Federal Security frameworks: FedRAMP, FISMA, RMF, DIACAP and NIST SP 800 series and NIST SP 800-53.
- Performed administration activities and security access for messaging systems, databases, and web applications.
- Knowledge of Zero-trust architectures.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Good analytical and communication skills
- You will support the Digital Strategy Compliance team in the management of cybersecurity data calls and other Federal or agency reporting requirements.
- You will maintain operating efficiency and stability, ensure the security and integrity of all systems and data and other issues.
- Your responsibilities will include Cybersecurity data call support, including the pulling of reporting templates and data analysis, and data validation verification of system.
- You will perform administration activities and security access for messaging systems, databases, and web applications
- You will document security controls implementation statements for FISMA system Approval to Operate, Ongoing Authorization and annual security control assessments.
You're a great fit if:
- You stay abreast of potential vulnerabilities (i.e., CVE, NVD)
- You maintain an ongoing in-depth level of professional development to enhance technical skills, communication skills, business knowledge, and knowledge of IT products
- You enjoy both the technical and policy side of IT security.
- You like to analyze security systems and seeks improvements
We'll REALLY love it if you have:
- Experience with an automation & system management product
- Knowledge of PowerShell, Bash, and/or Python scripting
- Experience supporting the Department of State.
- CISSP certification