Working with a large Financial client, on a major strategic program with tough deadlines, we are looking for a determined, smart, proactive, enthusiastic Developer in Test / Automation Tester to join our automated testing team to build robust automation tests for a financial application.
This role will give the Developer in Test full ownership of their work, where they will be tasked with designing, building and implementing best-fit test practices, to ensure that their high standards are kept throughout.
You will operate in an agile (Scrum) team, working closely with the Test Architect, QA Manager, Product Owners and Development Leads to ensure efficient test coverage and to drive quality delivery.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Through engagement with product owners, and the application of diligent QA practices, you'll identify, assist with and document test scenarios based on User Stories and requirements.
- Demonstrating a consistent focus on quality, you'll ensure that your team delivers reliable, robust software through the creation and execution of automated functional and non-functional tests.
- Through participation in refinement/planning sessions, you'll work with other team members to analyse auto test requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Working within a multi-functional agile team, you'll build robust automated tests, adhering to company standards and established software methodology.
- You'll maintain the framework that runs our automated tests and will execute automated tests as required to support our releases to customers.
- To help the teams develop and learn, you'll review work of peers and more junior developers, providing advice and guidance to benefit the team.
- Through agile retrospectives and reviews, you'll inspect and adapt, finding innovative ways to make your team work more effectively.
- You will be focused on delivering quality and features through automation written to a high standard. Mindset focused on trying to achieve 100% automation coverage.
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- 5+ years of experience as quality engineer with a solid background in writing structured automated tests
- Excellent Java programming skills
- Experienced in the automation of API's (REST & SOAP) as well as understanding concepts like Mocks and Stubs.
- Strong Experience with Cucumber-JVM demonstrating working experiences
- Solid technical background with understanding of programming styles, frameworks, design patterns and integration testing
- Use of source code management tools such as Git
- Has strong knowledge and use of CI, such tools as Bamboo and Jenkins
- Good knowledge of SDLC and test management tools, e.g. Jira, Xray, Test Rail
- Demonstrable understanding of the test lifecycle (planning, analysis, execution, reporting)
- Problem solving and being pro-active when problems/issues arise
- Good understanding of development practices, such as TDD and BDD.
- Strong Testing background with an excellent understanding of the Test Lifecycle and Testing Best Practices.
- Experience of working within an agile environment.
- Experienced in defining Quality Engineering and Assurance deliverables producing quality Test artefacts.
- Experience with Automation tools & techniques, such as Selenium, Cucumber, BDD, TDD, Appium, Jenkins & Jira.
- An automation first Test approach with a passion for driving productivity and a focus on reducing risk.
- Strong leadership qualities and stakeholder management.
- Have a proactive approach to your work and being very pragmatic.
- Must be very analytical and be a problem solver
- Completer finisher with a strong drive to deliver under tough deadlines
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
- Has experience with Spring, Maven, Docker, Appium and capable of understanding the challenges associated with cross browsers automation.
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming techniques
- Knowledge of performance testing
- Charles River Experience highly desirable
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.