Quality Engineering Manager | Austin, Texas
A company that is revolutionizing the healthcare system is looking to bring on a hands-on Quality Engineering Manager to support a team of Quality Engineers. The Quality Engineering Manager will be responsible for establishing consistency and continuously looking for improvements that can be measured over time.
You'll be hiring, leading, and mentoring a team of QE's who work closely with agile teams to ensure quality is embedded into their products. This is a fairly new team that will continue to grow and evolve to champion engineering through testing, automation, and tools.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about technology and making a positive impact.
While this role is not primarily hands-on, managers in this company stay close to the codebase to make engineering decisions.
This is a full-time, direct-hire position and there is a preference for local, Austin, Texas candidates.
US Citizens and Green Card holders are encouraged to apply, as they cannot sponsor at this time.
- Proactively define test strategies, plans, and pipelines
- Lead team of Quality Engineers at all levels
- Always looking for ways to improve test tools and frameworks
- Drive strategies and decisions for automation (testing, tooling, processes, etc)
- Hire, mentor, and managing the performance of engineering team
- Support and encourage engineering best practices (BDD, TDD, Pairing, etc)
- Experience leading and mentoring quality engineering teams
- Solid attention to detail and highly analytical
- Expertise with creating and implementing robust CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with multiple programming languages, frameworks, and technologies (BDD, ATDD, TDD)