QA Engineer | Remote but must be Texas based | $80k - $90k
A software development firm here in Austin is seeking a QA Engineer who can implement testing solutions for a range of backend and frontend projects! This is an opportunity for someone looking to have autonomy in their role and can help drive the company's direction for QA best practices.
A few things to note about this role:
- You're encouraged to have a good work/life balance
- Opportunity to learn new things and help on other projects (want to learn to code? Do DevOps? Development? They'll provide internal trainings and you can help with other projects / teams)
- Ability to give input and drive direction of the company
- Small team that's growing, so you can define your role
There is a strong preference for Austin based candidates, as the majority of the team is here and they want to have a collaborative team environment. You'll work on various projects using different tech stacks, so having a broad background in testing is a plus!
This will be a primarily manual testing role but over the next 3-6 months they are wanting to implement automation and you will have the opportunity to learn and make an impact! If you have around 3 years of experience in QA a strong background in manual testing, please read on and apply if you feel qualified.
Only US Citizens and GC holders are eligible, as they cannot support sponsorship at this time.
- 3+ years of experience with Software QA - both UI and API testing
- Comfortable doing manual testing - specifically regression and integration tests
- Proven track record of creating and documenting test plans and cases
- Strong communication skills as you'll be speaking with customers and collaboration with offshore teams
- Experience as a business analyst is a plus as you'll be working closely with clients
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines