Principal Cyber Security Engineer
I am representing a company that is looking to grow their ambitious team of Principal Cybersecurity Engineers to design the Cybersecurity engineering roadmap, and deliver highly complex secure systems, cyber applications, technical projects and regulatory and risk requirements. This role drives Cybersecurity engineering solutions, framework, roadmap, program optimization, process engineering, risk remediation, and mitigation of operational risk in a high velocity culture.
The company is one of the largest Finance companies across the US, now moving their presence over to the UK. This company has been awarded as one of the best tech companies to work for globally.
- Acts as the principal advisor to upper management in Cybersecurity matters. Ensures security improvement designs are evaluated, validated, and implemented as required. Performs cyber defence incident triage, to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact; identifying the specific vulnerability
- Certifies that protection and detection capabilities are acquired or developed using the Cybersecurity engineering approach and are consistent with organisation-level cybersecurity architecture
- Explores and assesses the latest technology trends, disruptions and security/IT service business models to ensure Business Technology maintains, and improves, organisation cyber competitive edge
- Works closely with management to define and promote the strategic direction of the team. Provides strong leadership and direction to team members. Provides subject matter expertise across all Cybersecurity technologies
- Creates and maintains Cybersecurity technology roadmap. Ensures compliance to audit, regulatory and legal requirements. Makes recommendations that enable expeditious remediation
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with peers and internal business partners, and external vendors
- Oversees project implementation to ensure successful solution delivery
- Researches, engineers and integrates new Cybersecurity solutions. Applies service oriented security architecture principles to meet organisation's confidentiality, integrity, and availability requirements
- Audit trackability through an automated pipeline.
- Implementing compliance as code.
- Bringing innovative thinking to Security and impact on flow in the SDLC.
If this sounds like something of interest to you, click apply now.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.