Mid-Level Software Engineer - London - Paying up to £65K.
Are you a Software Engineer looking for your next opportunity to work for a fast-growing renewable energy supplier who are looking to become the leading disruptor in the energy field?
This energy supplier has an impressive track record of delivering best in class customer service and has a customer base which has tripled in the last 7 months. What's more they are the first business in the UK to be certified as a Green Energy Provider! Off the back of their huge growth and increase in projects, they are now looking for a mid-level Software Engineer to come onboard and play a pivotal role in helping convert their existing platform to a microservices architecture using Kotlin, Kubernetes and Google Cloud.
In return you will benefit from working from a well established business alongside a high performing team, as well as benefiting from ongoing training and development and a first class culture!
If you meet the criteria and would like to be considered for this position, then click APPLY NOW!
- Assisting with the creation of scalable and reliable systems based on microservice architecture (using Kotlin, Kubernetes and Google Cloud)
- Applying OO patterns and clean architectural processes.
- Write and test code, redefining and rewriting it as required to ensure best software engineering practices.
- Planning, designing and developing new features for different systems, extending or creating new microservices.
- Prioritising and distributing development tasks.
- Evaluating the software and systems, providing new solutions in response to any errors.
- Previous commercial experience writing microservices ideally in Kotlin (or Java) (3+ years)
- Previous experience working as a Java software engineer or developer.
- Confident and proven knowledge of software engineering practices in particular applied to backend, infrastructure and deployment in the cloud.
- Experience with at least 2 programming languages such as: Kotlin, Java, Ruby, Python, NodeJs, C++, Go.
- Experience with applications testing protocols.
- Previous experience with automated tests.
- A confident ability to work both independently and collaboratively within an engineering team in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ideally a computer science background or a similar field.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.