Role: Manual QA Tester
Job Type: Contract (Outside IR35)
Duration: 4 Months (View to extend)
- Take part in Story Refinement sessions to flesh out the requirements in BDD format.
- Document BDD scenarios in tools such as Hiptest, spec flow.
- Be a quality evangelist.
- Develop and maintain a good working knowledge of the new product being built by deep diving into the inner workings of the product.
- Willingness and ability to learn new AWS technologies through self-learning and be able to articulate and share this knowledge with others.
- Undertake manual exploratory testing using Postman.
- Run automated tests and be able to analyse the results (and code) to figure out why some are failing.
- Experience with deploying builds in to QA environments.
- Experience in managing QA environments.
- Understand Gitflow and the pipeline in order to recommend best practice to Release Managers and DevOps.
- Raise bugs that show you have done some basic level of debugging to help developers on their way to find the root cause as quickly as possible.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with project stakeholders, including key business users, developers and BA's.
- Work positively and communicate professionally across the team in order to make an effective contribution to team tasks and team spirit.
Minimum 8 years industry experience in a testing role.
Testing experience should include:
- Experience working in a scrum team to define BDD scenarios up front.
- Technical experience of working in an AWS environment.
- New feature testing experience as well as regression, integration and automated testing experience.
- Experience doing manual exploratory testing of API's using tools like Postman.
- Experience using tools such as Hiptest, JIRA, Zephyr, Test Rail, MTM, Runscope and Cucumber.
- Experience running automated tests and debugging failures.
- Excellent understanding of modern technical testing techniques and best practice, including BDD and techniques to shift left and build quality in to the product.
- Sound understanding of AWS and the benefits of various AWS services.
- Ability to interpret Automation test results and fix broken tests or identify the root cause of failure.
- Knowledge of test automation tools
- A good working knowledge of SQL and Unix shell scripting.
- Sound knowledge of a software development methodologies including waterfall and agile
- Experience in, and current familiarity with testing in complex Portal, Oracle and Unix environments (in particular Java; WebLogic Portal; Oracle PL/SQL)
- Keeps abreast of current developments and trends in area of expertise.
- Experience in, and current familiarity with configuration management tools and defect tracking tools (in particular Subversion and Jira)
- Experience in using test management tools (Zephyr)
- Experience in using CRM tools(Salesforce in particular)
- Understanding of non-functional testing covering, for example - performance, security, usability
- Exposure to testing Data warehouse and using BI tools
- Some previous coding experience.
- Customer Service
- Drive For Results
- Technical / Professional knowledge
- Planning / Organizational Skills
- Analytical Thinking
If you feel as though this role is a good fit for you please apply below or alternatively send your CV over to [email protected]
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.