We are looking for a candidate that produces and maintains technical solutions and roadmaps to ensure accuracy and pragmatic execution within product teams. They will also maintain consistent architecture design, views into current state, risks and recommendations towards roadmaps. Lastly, this candidate will need experience in driving execution for large business initiatives including documentation, roadmaps, communication, and alignment of solutions into the business, product and technical plans.
Austin Fraser is looking for a Lead Solutions Architect that has experience in an Ecommerce/Retail environment. The ideal candidate is someone who stays current on technological trends and patterns. They act as an expert for how the digital experience and ecommerce industry is ever evolving and influencing business and technical teams.
The ideal candidate acts as the end to end technical architecture lead for initiatives to communicate context, design, which includes hands on development and proofs-of-concepts. They will lead and participate in strategy sessions to ensure long term business objectives. In addition, they will align solutions to strategic technology platforms,data and cloud.
We are looking for someone with mentoring experience that has organized discussions, planning and technical design with Engineering Leadership. They can help assist and drive roadmap vision and actionable items for other groups.
They will need experience in mentoring software engineers in solution architecture practices including, implementing proof of concepts and reviewing technology solutions and code with team members.
They will need to share best practices, lessons learned and any updates the technical architecture requires based on technological changes and knowledge related to recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions.
We are looking for someone who has experience as a Solutions Architect, with one or more business solutions that ensures critical thinking, security standards compliance, collaboration, and alignment. They will find ways to embed processes, patterns, tooling and automation to improve architecture maturity.
They will maintain technical domain leadership on reviews, risks and domain direction.
Additional Requirements, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- 6 -10 years of experience (with career progression)
- Experience as a technical solutions architect for cloud technology and on-prem infrastructure.
- Retail and/or E-Commerce experience a plus
- Outstanding knowledge of Declarative Programming languages for Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management
- Experience with automation tools such as: Cloud Formation, ARM Templates, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, and/or Puppet.
- Experience with various technologies such as:
- Restful Microservice APIs
- IoT and container architectures
- Cloud SAAS and PAAS offerings,
- Streaming and Queue technologies and
- Cloud Data/Storage platforms
- Experience working with Business Stakeholders on capability sequencing, scoping, and dependency mapping.