Lead Scrum Master - Farnham - up to £80k + bonus - 2 days in the office
This organisation is one of the key players in the finance industry and are looking for passionate and hardworking people to join them. They place their customers at the heart of everything they do and want to deliver seamless and exceptional service and products. This is a great opportunity for a driven Scrum Master to be at the forefront of agile projects delivery.
They're not just looking for your 'bog standard' Scrum Master but are looking for people who want to drive change. The ideal person will have strong influencing and leadership skills as they will be working closely with Technical Leads and senior stakeholders across C and D suite level.
As a Lead Scrum Master, you will be responsible for maturing the Scrum processes to support the UK and US delivery elements and their initiatives, inspiring and pushing the team to think outside of the box and push themselves further. You would be expected to lead by example, living and practicing agile values and principles.
Skills & Experience
- Competent with running Agile ceremonies, e.g. stand- ups, retrospectives, reviews, task breakdown
- Ability to develop a high performing team.
- Effective 'servant Leadership' skills; listener, persuasive and approachable.
- In-depth Scrum, Kanban and DevOps experience and knowledge of the key concepts of TDD/BDD.
- Well organised with an eye for detail and passionate about delivering quality end to end.
- Solution-focussed with a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Experience in handling conflict and competing demands from stakeholders.
- Experience of delivering within an agile team (i.e. some development-test and/or architecture background).
- Experience working across a portfolio of large scale projects, ideally in a global environment.
- In-depth experience of Agile tooling and work management tools such as Jira, Confluence, Rally etc.
- Drive Agile execution through "servant leadership" and collaboration
- Guide and coach the Scrum team on Agile/Scrum best practices to further their maturity
- Create a culture of continuous improvement and out the box thinking
- Ensuring impediments and blockers are addressed as soon as possible
- Enable a safe and trusting environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, or retribution with a focus on solutions
- Work and communicate with senior stakeholders and management to ensure visibility of project timescales and updates
I expect this opportunity to be extremely popular so please apply ASAP to avoid missing out!
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.