Lead Linux Engineer | Manchester | Up to £85K
This Cyber and Intelligence firm has built a global brand that makes a real contribution to securing the UK's security and future. Here, the brightest minds come together to push the boundaries and Define Possible. As global leaders in digital transformation our client is providing ground-breaking outcomes for their customers across the nation.
As a Lead Linux Engineer, you will be collaborating with Architects, Software Developers and Testers to transform client systems, whilst delivering improvement in reliability, cost and organisational agility, whilst maintaining critical systems to the wider organisation. As Lead Linux Engineer, your core responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and troubleshoot networking systems
- Working closely with stakeholders to design, build and maintain critical systems
- Administering systems, applications and databases [Linux operating systems
- Automating system deployment, operation and maintenance using Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management tooling
- SC/DV Clearance
- Experience in deploying and administering Linux or Unix based solutions, using virtualisation, containerisation and DevOps tools, techniques & procedures.
- Certified to RHCSA equivalent level in one of the appropriate Linux certification bodies, for example, CompTIA, LPI, Oracle, RedHat or The Linux Foundation;
- Prove track record in designing, deploying & troubleshooting IPv4 Networking, [Subnetting, OSPF Routing, VLANs and VPNs]
- Experience of automating tasks using [Ansible,PowerShell, Puppet, Bash, or Python]
- Experience administering Virtualized or Containerised systems [VMWare or Docker]
- Flexible working schedules - we offer flexible and hybrid working arrangements.
- Flexible Benefits Package - Critical Illness Cover, Health Cash Plan, and Health Assessments
- Core Benefits Package - Healthcare, Dental, Life Assurance and Pension.
- Annual Employee Incentive Programme -
- Career Progression -
If this Lead Linux Engineer position is of interest, please submit your CV in response.
Alternatively, if you would like to discuss the position in any more detail, please get in contact using the details provided.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.