Lead Java Developer - London - Paying £80 - 110K
Are you a Senior Java Developer looking for a new challenge with a rapidly growing business?
This is an exciting opportunity working with a FinTech business who are currently operating in stealth mode! Their mission is to redefine how we use our money.
Off the back of their huge success over the last 4 years and being backed by some of Europe's leading investors, they are now looking for a Lead Java Develop to join the team. You will play a pivotal role in the design and implementation of their event-driven microservices architecture ensuring optimal operation of their system.
In return, you will benefit from a strong renumeration package, flexible working, a collaborative environment and your own personal choice of equipment!
You must be based and have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this position. Please click APPLY NOW if you meet the below criteria and would like to be considered for this position!
- Being responsible for the core systems services, continuously enhancing the quality of services.
- Ensuring responsiveness, efficiency, scalability, robustness and security of the systems is optimal.
- Promote best practices with a hands-on approach in terms of software lifecycle and quality assurance, as well as developing software solutions in particular business areas.
- Supporting the technical roadmap of the business.
- Work with the Head of DevOps to consolidate the existing software infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines.
- Working closely with CTO daily to help coordinate and support multiple offshore teams.
- Help with the development of junior and mid-level software engineers through offering advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Extensive experience in Java development (7+ years).
- Must have experience in the Spring framework (including: Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring Cloud and Spring Security)
- Must have hands-on experience with at least one cloud platform (AWS, AZURE or GCP)
- A proven track record of successful delivering software projects service-oriented, cloud based and event-driven techniques.
- Experience with DevOps implementation, deployment and management with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Confident knowledge of Jenkins based automated CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience using RDBMS, such as Postrgres, and NoSQL databases such as MonogoDB.
- Experience using Apache Kafka.
- Previous leadership experience such as mentoring junior or mid level members.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A degree in computer science or a similar field is highly desirable.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.