Lead Data Scientist - London - Paying £80-110K
Are you a Senior Data Scientist looking for a step up in your career?
This is an exciting opportunity to be apart of a funded and revenue-generating startup who are about to enter their high growth phase! This business focuses on building financial platforms in the auctioning and financial trading space. Due to on-going growth, they are now looking for a Lead Data Scientist to join the team. You will play a pivotal role in helping to develop the business' Data Processing and Machine Learning techniques and algorithms that enhance their marketplace platforms.
In return, you will have the opportunity to work with a high-performing engineering team, learning and development opportunities, a strong renumeration package and a collaborative environment.
- Supporting the development of a market-leading IP strategy for data processing, analysis and models.
- Providing guidance to the data science team in regard to ensure optimal and scalable data-processing techniques and algorithms are achieved.
- Delivering and enhancing Machine Learning models.
- Working closely with the data science team to create new data science products and models.
- Ensure data quality and integrity.
- Provide a hands-on approach when developing new data solutions.
- Be responsible for the creation, documentation and registration of IP and parents.
- Overseeing a small team of data and marketplace engineers.
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or similar role (5+ years).
- Knowledge of data management and visualization techniques.
- A proven track record of managing large structures of data and carrying out statistical analysis on that data.
- Good knowledge of R, Python and MATLAB.
- Experience with data analysis, machine learning and software development.
- A strong and proven understanding of 'Hypothesis Testing' and how this works in the current environment.
- Highly desirable: any knowledge of Snowflake and Heap.
- Ideally, you will have experience in the either the automotive, energy sectors, and financial services.
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or similar field.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to be considered for this position then please click APPLY NOW!
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.