Lead Application Security Engineer - Remote
Austin Fraser are recruiting for a Lead Application Security Engineer on behalf of one of the UK's premier digital & consulting agencies. This role is a client-facing position requiring great communication & stakeholder management skills as well as deep technical expertise in application security.
Our client is a serial award-winner with an incredibly supportive and positive culture; they heavily invest in their people and their professional development & training opportunities offered are second to none!
As the Lead AppSec Engineer, you will be responsible for application security approach and validation across the delivery aspects of the business, which includes hands-on development and implementation of security technologies and processes for the organisation's clients.
- Lead the development and implementation of Application Security Strategies and Roadmaps which includes coordinating with appropriate stakeholders throughout the business and clients to implement key initiatives around secure software design and delivery.
- Assist the business' sales and client teams with application security due diligence material at the pre-sales stage.
- Work with Security Champions to assist with technical security assessments across the organisation's client work, identify and prioritise security issues, and develop remedial actions for non-compliance areas.
- Support teams in their evaluation of alerts from security tools to determine the impact of security issues on company deployed client solutions and help to formulate action plans for remediation.
- Provide guidance to client project teams on how to respond to security incidents as they arise, to contain and eradicate the security issue.
- Work with security specialists in Cloud business units to ensure client solutions are secure at both the infrastructure and application level.
- Provide regular updates on client application security implementation to the organisation's Cyber Security Committee.
- 4+ years of Cyber / application security experience, preferably with a mixture of industry and consulting work.
- Application security / development background and proven experience working with developers including implementing various security controls within the SDLC process, preferably with knowledge of OWASP SAMM.
- Strong hands-on, technical skills across many types of security technologies (e.g. DAST, SAST, IAST, RASP etc.) including experience working in a cloud environment.
- Hands-on experience in responding to security incidents, performing forensics and attack analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience of developing strong relationships, either as a consultant or demonstration of significant influencing abilities within an organisation.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to build business cases for security initiatives and to effectively communicate the value proposition to non-technical stakeholder clients.
- Highly motivated individual who has the natural ability to work independently.
- Certifications in one or more of the following areas are highly desired: CISSP, CSSLP, CASE, GCIH.
This role is intended to be primarily remote, with infrequent ad-hoc travel requirements to one of our client's offices when necessary.
Salary for this role is dependent on experience, with a guide of £75,000-£85,000 p/annum, + great Benefits.
To be considered for this opportunity, please 'Apply Now', or contact Sam Chaher at Austin Fraser via LinkedIn.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.