Lead Controls Engineer
I am assisting a client of mine on their search for a Lead Controls Engineer to join their team in Bristol on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will join a business that has been operating for well over 20 years, providing creative and effective solutions to a variety of clients, including but not limited to: automotive, aerospace and defence!
The ideal candidate will be responsible for all aspects of design & specification of electrical & control
content of machinery to include, but not limited to, low voltage circuits, drives, motors, controls,
pneumatics, hydraulics, comms, switches, sensors & transformers. You will also be responsible for providing leadership and support to other controls staff, leading projects including dealing with customers & ensuring processes are followed & recommend improvements for approval.
- Leading/Support of other controls staff
- Support of subcontract controls companies
- Work within budget constraints
- On time delivery of project controls
- Electrical control panel & integration design
- Automation engineering including VSD, Servo & Robots
- PLC/HMI programming
- Testing & debugging, fault finding
- Commissioning of balancing machines
- Plan, organise, participate in risk assessments
- Develop technical solutions to meet agreed project requirements
- Take structured approach to justifying key engineering decisions
- Low voltage & safety circuitry advanced design
- Providing technical support in & out of normal working hours
- Working abroad as required
The ideal candidate will posses
- Advanced controls engineering skills
- Mechanical engineering skills
- PLC & HMI programming including motion control - minimum 2 years full experience
- Machine automation experience preferred
- Qualified in electrical/controls engineering to HNC/HND or above or commensurate
If this sounds iike something you would be interested in, then please apply below or send an updated copy of your CV to [email protected]
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.