QA Automation Lead
/ What is the opportunity?
Are you looking for the next step up in your career but don't want to lose the technical and hands on aspect of your role? This is the perfect opportunity for any individual who wants to take on more strategic and leadership responsibilities whilst still being an individual contributor.
This organisation continually push the boundaries with what they're working on and are always growing. You would be joining a highly agile (truly agile, not 'sort of agile') and collaborative team who are adopting a shift-left approach where possible to deliver financial services solutions. You would be contributing with hands on technical responsibilities as well as leading the QAs within the team whilst also focusing on the continuous delivery and process improvement for QA and wider development team. They have a great appreciation for work life balance, something that was important to them long before any lockdowns, and offer a very flexible working from home policy.
/ What will you be doing day-to-day?
- Design, develop and own the QA automation architecture
- Planning work and tasks for the QA team
- Be the focal point of contact for the QA team
- Stakeholder management - explaining how & why actions are being taken
- Work with Architects and Engineers to design and develop of solutions
- Ensuring software quality achieves acceptable standards
- Achievement of CI/CD techniques which makes it possible to promote software release to production.
/ Who are we looking for?
Their platforms are in Java with their front end applications utilising React. Due to the technical nature of this role, it is essential the successful person have experience and exposure to:
- Deep theoretical and hands on understanding of software testing and concepts as well as various different testing levels, methods and types.
- Experience as an automation QA with experience leading or helping lead teams.
- Java using Selenium and Cucumber (where you could maintain and develop the integration test suite further)
- Basic SQL
- Web services and RESTful APIs.
/ What would make you even more perfect?
- Knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience of PaaS
- Experience working in financial services
/ What should you do?
Apply! If you're still reading, you must be interested.... If you think this is an opportunity you could see yourself doing then please reach out for an informal and confidential chat. Similarly, if you think someone you know would love this opportunity then let them know!
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.