Junior Technical Project Manager (Professional Services) [Up to £40,000 p/a DoE]
Austin Fraser are recruiting for a Junior Technical Project Manager to work as part of an exciting small team at an Oxfordshire based software house specialising in regulatory software and consultancy. The successful candidate will have an active involvement with real customers and projects from day one.
This position will suit candidates with experience implementing and managing technical software or cloud deployments who are looking for a hands-on role working within a challenging and rewarding technical environment.
As part of our client's customer-facing project teams you will have responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of services including:
- Primary point of contact for customers.
- Defining and scoping work, including capturing customer requirements.
- Planning and scheduling delivery activities and resources.
- Leading technical project teams to implement technical deliverables.
- Deploying and administering our client's software & cloud solutions.
- Training customers to get the most from their our client's solutions.
- Project or service management experience.
- Experience deploying & administering cloud-based products or solutions.
- Experience using a variety of computer systems including Windows and Linux or UNIX systems.
- A passion for customer satisfaction and excellent communication skills.
- An attention to detail and desire to deliver high quality work.
- The desire and ability to learn quickly and apply complex new technologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Exemplary academic qualifications including a 2:1 or above from a top university.
A passion for the products and services that our client delivers and the desire for a hands-on role within atechnical delivery environment.
- Project or Service management qualifications (Prince2, ITIL).
- Experience with IaaS providers (Amazon Web Services, Azure).
- Knowledge of containerisation technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, Argo).
- Development skills (Java, Python.)
- Experience with Liferay.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Cassandra).
- Financial industry knowledge.
- Exposure to XML and/or XBRL.
To be considered for this position, please 'Apply Now', or contact Sam Chaher at Austin Fraser.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.