Junior Technical Consultant (Professional Services)
Austin Fraser are recruiting for a Junior Technical Consultant to work as part of an exciting small team at an Oxfordshire based software house specialising in regulatory software and consultancy. The successful candidate will have an active involvement with customers and projects from day one. This is a hands-on role that requires both strong communication for client-facing engagements, as well as a strong grounding in techncial / development skills.
This position will suit recent graduates or junior consultants looking for an exciting new opportunity working in a challenging technical environment. This role is a technical, project-based consultancy position with ample opportunity for career progression.
As part of our client's customer-facing project team you will be involved in a wide variety of activities, including:
- Contributing to technical client-facing consulting projects.
- Working with our client's customers to understand their requirements..
- Assessing the impact of changes requested by customers.
- Installing and configuring our client's solutions as well as developing bespoke extensions to existing solutions.
- Training end users in the effective use of our client's solutions.
- Taking opportunities to use automation to improve efficiency and robustness.
The ideal candidate will possess many of the below:
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for delivering great results for clients.
- Ability to understand and communicate clients' business and technical requirements, and be able to contirbute towards solutions with reference to agreed requirements.
- A diligent attitude towards work with the ability to consider the wider context and spot potential issues early.
- The desire and ability to learn quickly and apply complex new technologies.
- An attention to detail and desire to deliver high quality work.
- Techncial or Devlopment skills, with any of the following technologies being particularly beneficial:
- Java, J2EE (Development Skills)
- ESBs, Message Queues
- AWS, Azure (Cloud Deployments)
- Kubernetes, Docker (DevOps / Sys Admin Sklls)
- XML, XBRL
- Big Data, Data Warehouse systems
To be considered for this opportunity, please contact Sam Chaher at Austin Fraser, or 'Apply Now'.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.