Junior Data Analyst / Python Developer
Remote / London
£45,000 - £50,000
This successful agency is the leading provider of Online Reputation Management solutions to a variety of well-known clients spanning a multitude of industries, enabling them to provide crisis management and proactively manage their clients' brand reputations. Due to an increase in projects, they are now looking for a Junior Data Analyst / Python Developer to join their successful tech team. You will play a pivotal role in using your Python background to build effective data extraction tools, as well as conducting crucial data analysis. With a state of the art office in an enviable central London location, you will be immersed in an environment that will allow you to do high-quality work. In return for you work, you will also benefit from working in a collaborative and social team with amazing company benefits to top it off!
- You will use your Python knowledge and experience to develop effective data extraction tools to permit data sets to be collated and subsequently analysed
- Using Pandas, you will help to drive effective methods of automation and improving data analysis practices
- Using your commercial experience in Python development, you will work on business as usual projects such as the development of current systems (Python/Django microservices)
- You will use your background in data analysis to manipulate data as well as visualise the data, producing graphics such as graphs and charts that will allow for data insights in be presented effectively.
- You will use your exceptional communication skills to communicate and present the findings of your data analysis
- A background in computer science
- Excellent knowledge and at least 1 year of commercial experience using Python in a development / data role
- At least 1 year of commercial experience working on integrations with Python and being comfortable coding with a Python Framework e.g. Django or Flask as part of your role will be developing an analytics product
- At least 1 year of commercial experience in data analysis, manipulation and visualisation
- You will ideally have experience working with social data e.g. Twitter data
- You will ideally have previous data analysis experience using Pandas
- You will ideally have experience using Python libraries such as Django
- At least 1 year of commercial experience with relational databases such as MySQL
- You will have exceptional Excel skill
- Previous experience in developing REST APIs
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to convey complex information to a non-technical audience and communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Previous experience with network analysis tools i2 Analysts Notebook and Maltego is highly desirable
- You will have previous experience transforming web data into dataset exports
- You will ideally have knowledge of Twitter algorithms along with knowledge of Twitter API
- Proven delivery methods and organisational skills
If you're a Junior Data Analyst / Python Developer looking for your next step up in a position that offers amazing exposure and career progression opportunities then click APPLY NOW!
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.