In Securities Operations IT, we are looking for a Java developer who can be a team member key contributor
to medium/large projects.
* You will have worked with the Spring Framework, messaging, Hibernate and Oracle primarily for server-
side development on Unix/Linux in a distributed architecture.
* You will be passionate about modern development techniques; you will believe strongly in the benefits of
test-driven development, automated testing and continuous integration
* You will also appreciate industry best practices and always look for applications of these within your daily
work. You will understand the importance of ensuring good code quality and will participate in code
refactoring, pair programming and code reviews.
* You will understand and apply good software engineering principles and be able to work collaboratively
with others to implement best solutions.
* You will understand and have applied solutions to cater for non-functional requirements including
stability, capacity and scalability and manageability.
* You will also have co-ordinated and participated in major releases and have supported critical production
* You will feel comfortable picking up any tasks required to deliver a feature as you have developed a well-
rounded skill set through your involvement in all aspects of software delivery. (2-3- 5 years)
* You will collaborate with other team members, institute technical excellence, and deliver benefits to the
business within budget
In your current role you will be working:
* Across a suite of applications or complex sub-components
* with a large number of developers actively contributing the code base
* with significant functional complexity in the scope
* with large scale external integration (multiple inbound and outbound feeds)
* with high volume and high availability requirements
* with change management effectively and efficiently
* with various business groups depending on the nature of the project
* Bachelor's degree or higher in CS/Engineering/Science/Math preferred
* Minimum of 2 - 5 years' experience in software development (analysis, development, testing,
* Strong Java Development skills in J2SE/J2EE applications
C++ knowledge a plus
* DB skills with moderate database knowledge (preferably Oracle DB skills, ability to write stored procs,
functions and use analytical functions)
Experience working with MQ, EMS desirable
* Scripting knowledge is desirable (Perl, Python, Unix Shell scripting)
Financial industry experience extremely helpful
* Good knowledge of open-source frameworks especially Spring suite
* Prepare technical documents and review it peers
* Good working knowledge of Unix/Linux
* Clear communication skills, written and verbal
* Team player who works well in a diverse environment
* Software life cycle with focus on maintainability
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.