Front End Developer - React
London / Remote
Up to £50,000
Are you looking to work for an exciting start-up as a Front End Developer with the potential to move into a Lead Developer role?
This successful start-up is looking for an experienced React Front End Developer to come on board and head up the development of their platform. The company offers flexible pension solutions to the self-employed and the sky's the limit for them as they will shortly be securing their second round of funding. As a React Front End Developer, you will be responsible for the development of the platform, which will involve both enhancements and performance optimisation of the current platform and finalising the MVP, as well as some longer term project work to develop new features with a focus on the customer journey and user experience, hence a design background or experience in UX is highly favoured. In return you will benefit from the ability to work flexibility and autonomously with the freedom to influence what technologies are implemented. You will also have the opportunity to own equity and the business and see your role evolve to a Lead Developer Position in the near future!
- Take over the development of the platform by focusing on enhancements and performance optimisation as well as helping to finalise their MVP.
- Be responsible for any longer-term project work to improve the platform's appearance and overall functionality, the customer journey and user experience.
- Work autonomously to deliver project results and agile project management
- Taking the lead on unit testing, integration testing as well as end to end testing.
- As your role evolves, you will be involved in hiring decisions as well as mentoring Developers coming through the ranks as you grow your own team.
- Be able to utilise your experience in React.js and ideally Express.js in order to make development improvements.
- At least 2 years of experience in a commercial role involving React 16
- TypeScript experience
- You will ideally have a design-led approach, which will serve you well when improving the customer journey and user experience, thus a background in UX is also beneficial
- A background in computer science is desirable
- Previous experience in a start-up, agency or FinTech environment is desirable
- Proven delivery methods and organisational skills
- Experience working in an autonomous and entrepreneurial fashion will allow you to have a self-starter mentality but also a hands on approach to the delivery of projects
- The aspiration to become a future Tech Lead with a desire to upskill yourself and mentor other Developers
If you're an experienced Developer looking for your next step up in a position that offers amazing exposure and career progression opportunities then click APPLY NOW!
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.