Firmware / Embedded Software Engineer | Reading | Up to £70K
This groundbreaking communications equiptment firm has built a global brand that makes a real contribution to securing the UK's communicational future. Here, the brightest minds come together to push the boundaries and Define Possible. Our client has true entrepreneurial spirit and is using innovative tech to produce electronically steered array antenna technology.
Our client is looking for an Embedded Software / Firmware engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. You'll be working within a skilled team that work really well collaboratively but maintain ownership of their work; Meaning you'll get ownership of what you do, and maintain this going forward. There's also plenty of opportunities for you to up-skill, as well as be mentored and mentor the team around you.
As an embedded software engineer your responsibilities will include;
- Develop Physical Layer firmware for satellite communication systems
- Participate in the development of low level drivers, BSP in Bare metal or RTOS environment
- Collaboration across teams
- Design of firmware architecture
- Define and write high-level design documents for MCUs/DSPs
- Enhance and debug firmware for performance
- Development in C, Assembly and core specific instructions
Key skills & Experience:
- Strong experience in low-level real-time/embedded programming and firmware architectures
- Software development experience with C/C++
- Digital signal processing knowledge
- Experience with reading hardware specifications and development of low level drivers
- Knowledge of wireless communications standard
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Experience in lab work and testing equipment (JTAG, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator, etc.)
- Basic knowledge or willingness to learn Matlab and Python
- Keen to learn
- Self motivated
- An ability to approach work with an open mind to new topics/structures
If this Embedded Software / Firmware position is of interest, please submit your CV in response.
Alternatively, if you would like to discuss this Embedded Software / Firmware position in any more detail, please get in contact using the details provided.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.