Up to 120k
Austin Fraser currently has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join a successful AI company in a stimulating and intellectually challenged environment! The company is revolutionising the legal industry through its innovative AI based solutions through automation and machine learning. They are developing ground breaking products that change the way legal teams operate. This successful start up company is now looking for an Engineering Manager with a background in software development using any of the following technologies: Python, Node, Golang or Ruby and at least 2+ years of experience as a Manager. In return you will benefit from a great salary, flexible working and meaningful equity options.
- Leading a team of 8 backend developers to achieve their goals and aid in their career development.
- Involved in inclusive hiring and being at the forefront of diversifying talent.
- Fostering an environment where individuals feel empowered to push boundaries, take ownership, and drive real change.
- Running the team - helping with day-to-day issues, driving technical decisions and helping with architectural design problems
- Ensuring best practices across the team
- Strong backend engineering experience working with Python, Node.js, Golang or Ruby and be happy to use Python going forward.
- 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager, managing individual contributors. You should be passionate about developing the careers of your team members and building a good engineering culture.
- Experience defining the roadmap, strategy and making architectural decisions.
- Experience working in a startup environment scaling engineering teams
- Strong experience with the SDLC
- Experience designing and implementing web applications and APIs, as well as leading the development of native applications on Cloud Infrastructure.
- Comfortable being more hands off, being hands on only when required.
If this role sounds like you..click apply now! Additionally, if the salary doesn't match your expectations but you're interested, drop me an email for an exploratory conversation - [email protected]
*Please note you must be based and have the right to work in the UK*
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.