Electrical Design Engineer
My client has reached out for my support in finding them a new Electrical Design Engineer to join their growing design department on a permanent basis. My client has been working within the system integration industry for well over 30 years, having been involved with hundreds of projects within the water industry, they are experts when it comes to designing, installing, commissioning and delivering creative, efficient and cost-effective technical solutions.
The ideal applicant will have a background producing original design concepts for the water industry, familiarity with AutoCAD Electrical, E-Plan & Control Panel/MCC design and experience in producing complex Electrical Schematics, General Arrangement Drawings and BOM.
- Develop and successfully implement cost effective control solutions for projects which meet the customers needs.
- To keep abreast of ever-changing technologies and implement proven technology which offer savings to the business
- Responsible for the detailed design, specification, implementation, FAT testing of the control solution.
- Attend design reviews and submit designs for approval
- To be on site and responsible for successful site commissioning and SAT testing of the control solution
Degree qualification in Electrical/Systems/Software Engineering Discipline plus 5 years post graduate experience in either Food, FMCG, Automotive, Materials Handling or Utility industries
HNC/ONC in Electrical/Systems/Software engineering plus 10 to 15 years experience in either Food, FMCG, Automotive, Materials Handling or Utility industries.
- At least 5 years in a Hardware Design Engineering role in a Systems Integration Environment
- Specification, design, installation and commissioning of equipment with internal and/or external resource
- Knowlede of BSEN 61439, BSEN 60204
- Knowledge of Profibus, Profinet and Ethernet Topolgies
- Demonstrable track record of the management of contracts, client and/or contractor disputes, contractors, project team, consultants, and other external resources.
- Demonstrable track record of successful delivery of cost-effective control solutions in some/all of the following industries: Food, FMCG, Automotive, Materials Handling or Utility industries.
This role is based just outside of Birmingham in the West Midlands area, my client is looking for someone to start as soon as possible and is therefore moving ahead with interviews rapidly.
If this role sounds like something you, or someone you know, would be interested in then please feel free to apply below, or alternatively, send across a copy of your most recent CV to Jack Owen at [email protected]
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.