Electrical Design Engineer
My client has been working within the process automation industry for over 25 years, they are looking for a hardworking, resourceful and ambitious person who wants to join their expanding team and develop their career to the next level.
My client is searching for an Electrical Design Engineer who will be responsible for overseeing the design aspect of projects from inception to implementation, ensuring compliance with client specifications and current regulatory standards.
- To be responsible for technical design and controlling projects
- To meet customer requirements within agreed timescales and acceptable cost parameters
- To take responsibility for site engineers, monitor their progress and quality of work
- To work with customers and to develop good working relationships with Clients
- To aid Sales Staff in the preliminary design / determination of projects at Tender stage
- Interpret a client's requirement in the basic and main design phase of application, and develop, design and customise electrical control systems and circuits to function specifications that meet the customer needs
- Be responsible for producing drawing packages including panel design and control circuitry ensuring compliance throughout the development of assigned projects with all relevant specifications, standards and safety regulations
- Liaise with other departments and provide technical support and assistance to sales, manufacturing and commissioning phases with occasional site visits to client's premises
- Review the contract file on receipt and inform the Project Manager of any anomalies
- Work with the Project Manager and Principal Electrical Engineer to efficiently and professionally execute the project
- Attend formal/informal contract review meeting with client
- Issuing design package to customer for approval
- A relevant degree qualification or technical apprenticeship that proves a solid foundation in the principals of Electrical Engineering, or a minimum of 3yrs electrical design experience in a similar organisation
- Ideally will have experience of working within the water industry
- An ability to identify and evaluate new technologies that will enhance the competitiveness of our products and to keep informed of best practices throughout the manufacturing / electronic industry
- Ability and experience of creating electrical layouts and schematic drawings
- Good problem solving and diagnostic skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, then please apply below!
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.