My client is once again looking to strengthen the team and require my support to find a Design Engineer with experience in Control Panel designs. This wil be a great opportunity to join a company working in an industry that is quickly becoming one of the biggest in Automation.
You will take ownership of the electrical design for the ongoing development of new and existing systems. On a day to day basis, perform electrical design activities associated with the delivery of projects, to end users and partners, from project launch to handover on site.
Key responsibilities involve
- Interpret design input information to produce electrical control panel/ system designs based on the current ISO, EN, and BS standards
- Production of all associated documentation including, but not limited to, design calculations,
- design/safety specifications, operation and maintenance manuals, installation designs and
- Design & production of electrical layouts & schematic drawings using appropriate CAD tools
- Procurement of electrical equipment including control panels and field devices
- Liaise with suppliers on technical matters
- Ongoing management of Bill of Materials to support project and spares procurement
- Preparation and ongoing management of manufacturing documentation and technical files
- Participate in design reviews, new project meetings and customer-facing meetings
- Providing technical support to other departments, as required
- To understand and apply relevant design, regulatory and industrial standards
- Operate in accordance to the company's ISO 9001 policy
The successful candidate will have / be:
- Educated to a minimum of HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or related relevant discipline
- Prior experience working in a similar role, including electrical design and commissioning within an automation-based industry, ideally within the automated warehouse industry
- Familiar with 415v motor drive systems, soft starts, and inverter drives
- Familiar with 24v DC motor drive systems
- Familiar with industrial sensor technology, both digital and analogue, and interfacing of the same to the control system(s) either directly or via appropriate fieldbus IO standards
- Previous use of CAD tools, (AutoCAD, EPLAN)
- Working knowledge of relevant standards governing the controls automation industry
- Familiar with the latest safety systems and standards
- Conversant with AutoCAD, E-plan, Word, Excel, Project, Outlook
- Competitive salary based on experience level and qualifications
- Flexi time working
- Health insurance
- Employer pension contribution
- Performance based bonus
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.